Sunday, January 01, 2006

Heralding the New 2006 Year with an original called Carnival.....



Heralding the New 2006 Year with an original design .......
This is one of my first attempts that I was truly happy with. Knitted around 2000/2001, I had intended this sweater as a long sweater/jumper for my daughter and she has been able to wear it for quite some time. A bit tight for me but it could be a half sleeve length top for a size 8 adult.
Cleckheaton had started following the synthetic trend then with this line of fancy yarns and this was a particular colorway combination that I liked. The line has since discontinued which is a pity! As I was finishing the garment, I felt that it lacked something so I dug up some red wool leftovers and strung large black beads. Crocheted the hems and collar and voila! A Carmen Miranda effect! with clicking beads like castanets when you wear it! Designing and knitting this one was fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the addition of the beads. Clever girl!

Trish

zippiknits...sometimes said...

I love the colors of this sweater an the beading adds just the right touch of sensation. Whoot! Very Nice!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS!