Sunday, December 25, 2005

Men's Sweater in Cotton


With the Lumberjack Sweater too warm for our winter, I decided to knit DH one in cotton and found this pattern very 'soothing' especially after having at least 20 small balls of yarn per row for the Lumberjack.
This is done in wool from an Annabelle Fox book but I 'converted' by using Rowan natural cotton. Quite a smart looking garment and thank goodness, it has got a few more wears from DH than the lumberjack!

I think this was the last garment I knitted from a pattern. Probably around 1998.
I knitted quite a few others in between each of these here- baby garments and presents. I wanted to tackle another mind boggling pattern and had taken to experimenting out of endless swatching frustration - trying to find substitute yarns for Patricia Roberts patterns.

This point marks the start of my journey into designing - quite a few hits and misses but nevertheless, all designed and made by myself.
At the very start, I never took any notes and after 2 years, I realised I couldn't remember how I 'solved knitting problems' I encountered along the way. I DO take notes now but I am a very impatient knitter - would rather knit than write - and I can't read my own writing most of the time :).
For some, what I do can be tedious. I always wish that I have more time to knit and ponder on more patterns and stitches. AND to write down my patterns more systematically and clearly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the addition of the beads. Clever girl!

Trish