Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Lumberjack Sweater



I made this for DH. Truly a labour of love (of knitting! :)). A Rowan kit I had spied at Sunspun and just HAD to have!
Found out soon enough that it was not for the fainthearted. This sweater took me 8 years to finish! DH teased me all throughout... 'where's this gorgeous sweater you're making for me?'... ' you know, you'll never finish it..'
I love fine yarn work and this was either going to nurture my love for fine yarn knitting OR kill it. Luckily, I'm still knitting!
When I had proclaimed that lo and behold, the garment was finished! , DH wore it ONCE to tell me it was too WARM. Admittedly, in my moment of knitting inspiration, I had not taken into account that our Melbourne winter wasn't cold enough.
Hence it sits, waiting in my wardrobe to be worn and loved...
maybe I can convince my son to wear it once he fits into it...hmmmm!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm beginning to suffer from sweater envy when I check in here. This is not good...as I am a much less talented and God knows, less prolific knitter than you.

Exactly how many arms do you have?

Trish

P.S. Love that sweater.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sweater- With all the work you did, maybe your DH should suffer and be a little warm once in awhile- or take you on a vacation someplace cold- and wear the sweater!