Saturday, January 07, 2006

A sleeveless dressy bolero pattern for DD


Knitted for DD to wear on top of the spaghetti strap flowergirl dress just in case in got a bit chilly. Again, I raided what was left of my baby wool stash - a white 8ply yarn that had multicandy colored colour blobs and a baby white wool. Alternated these 2 in the main body using wave stitch. The hem edge was knitted as well to give it a bit of interest. The white satin ribbon is not secured firmly - this is have a bit of 'give' as DD grows and if she wanted to lace it instead of a straight forward tie.
During this period, I 'flushed' out alot of my stash by selling some on ebay and donating some to the op shops. I've long come to terms with the fact that none of my family or friends knit or are as craft obsessed as I am. But it was really depressing to hear from op shops didn't want yarn because "no one knits any more"........:( wah! all alone in knitting exile!

No comments: