Sunday, July 15, 2007

Retirement...??

Fast forward to July.
Here I am now - almost 4 months into "retirement". My role and area of work was wound down and it seemed a good time to take it as an opportunity for a breather.
I had stacks of things I wanted to accomplish in anticipation of the change. Getting stuck into learning more needlearts like ribbon embroidery, stumpwork, cleaning up the garden and the house (major spring cleaning).
Four months on and ...
I think I've just about finished cleaning downstairs but I still have upstairs to do.
Started on a teeny bit of the garden
Tried quite a few new recipes
Cleaned up computer files and did some backing up (pre disaster backup!)
Knitted for 2 babies
Finished a cross stitch welcome for a new baby (next post)
but mostly, I do have a new vocation...
School 'bus' driver/chaffeur.
The hours during school days go so quickly.
The moment I get back and settle into cleaning, etc, it's time to pick them up again. Public transport in Melbourne isn't the best and DS would be the only one that it would work out for. DD's school and timetable are not 'public transport friendly' in terms of location and times. There are more trains and bus services being implemented so hopefully, we'll see a better 2008.
In the meantime, more spring cleaning to do!

No comments: