Friday, February 03, 2006

Mobie.......



Found one more beaded project I completed. However, this photo has come out really dark. Mobie is knitted in a Rowan Chenille dark grape (the extra ball went into making Mimi) and has taught me one other thing... there aren't nice beads made especially for knitting that you can string without stress!
I was determined to string the beautiful clear crystals, black and golds I had. I had envisioned an evening top with a beaded border of scrolls..... hence Mobie was born.
Why the name Mobie? The scrolls I had graphed looked fantastic on paper but looked like a row of whales knitted up!!
Still quite nice as evening wear for a summer nite - the chenille is nice and soft on bare skin.
(wasn't anticipating my WIPs catching up with blog posting.... need to hurry this along to get to my current projects...!)

5 comments:

celia said...

hi

that's really interesting. what sized beads did you use? i would never have thought that chenille could be successfully beaded - thought the pushing of the beads along would make the chenille bald.

oh, and it's nice to meet another malaysian knitter in australia :)

celia

maniacalmultitasker said...

Hi Celia!
(which part of Msia were you originally from?)
The Rowan Chenille was good for 1 threading session. (yes rethreads would strip the fluff off)
The beads I used were 3mm wide and the holes were approx 1mm.
(Maria George beads shop is only 2mins away from me so I did go a little crazy there...:))

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Mary Anne and I just love turquoise. I love it so much I started my own web ste turquoise. I make everything myslef by hand. If you like turquoise then you will love my web site. I like your blog too!!!

Anonymous said...

semi precious stones work is my life. I have a new web site semi precious stones. I do all the work myself by hand. Please check it out and let me know what you think of my semi precious stones work. Thanks for letting me post on your blog.

Anonymous said...

If you love labradorite as much as I do then you will want to check out my new web site labradorite I do all the labradorite work myself. I like your labradorite blog and Thanks for letting me post there