Sunday, February 03, 2008

The Otway Fly

Another pic heavy post - now of the Otway fly. (www.otwayfly.com.au).
First thing- I am ASKEERED of HEIGHTS! I don't get motion sickness or sea sickness and love certain rides but heights??!!
So here we are at the start of the actual engineering feat.

It's an amazing construction in a beautiful setting - taking into account the minimum contact/disturbance to the natural wildlife, fauna and flora and to be able to view all this.

My Crew went up the tower but I didn't. They went on the Cantilever as well - which is scary! It's a 24m extended walkway that you can make it shake and move a bit. I was assured that it can take the weight of 14 elephants. yes yes yes all very fine I'm sure! are you KIDDING me?


Here's me looking very 'relaxed' in a pic taken from the Cantilever. The whole structure - posts, bridges etc - they all sway a bit. It's a little like being at sea but with humongous drops all around you.

2 comments:

Anna said...

It looks like a neat thing to see, but I probably would've stayed on the ground, too! ;)

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Ooooooo my. It sways? Still, I probably would have gone on it. Mostly because I'd have come 17 thousand miles to see it. hehe. Beautiful series of photographs! Thank you so much for sharing your trip!