Sunday, February 10, 2008

My first ever Sock Club sock!

I learnt how to knit socks more than 2 years ago along with learning the Figure 8 cast on and Magic Loop techniques.
The first pair was a top down and the second pair was a toe up. I've used the Figure 8 cast on and Magic Loop technique in many of my projects but never felt the urge to knit another pair of socks.
At beginning of this year, one of our Twilight Ravelry group members started recruiting for the 1st Twilight Sock Club for a Feb 14 commencement and being such a fan-atic for the series, I was shamelessly drawn into a Twilight-inspired project.
Carol at KnitMeUp.com kindly sent my package a little early to me as it had to make the trek half way across the world.
I was trying to finish reading Queen of the Damned and start re reading Twilight to coincide with knitting the socks. When the package arrived on Friday, (almost) all reading stopped! I have another wip but I couldn't contain my excitement and casted on the first sock!
and yes, I have already frogged once!
Note the color - "Thirst" and my size 0 KP classics naturally depict E for Edward :)




I have very narrow feet and even following the instructions to knock off 4 sts and use a smaller needle, it was still too wide.
So I modified and decreased by 12sts. I think I could go down another 4 without disturbing the pattern - may run into a bit of bother at the heel turning. I'm almost there now......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pshawwww....to think I thought you'd never learn to knit socks. You kept your secret for two years!?!?

Sneaky girl..;-)

Trish

maniacalmultitasker said...

I just couldn't get going on the sock thing for years....
hopefully this will stick :)

Anna said...

It stinks that I've been too busy to keep up with the Ravelry groups. Didn't know about the sock club. Not that I'd have time to knit them anyway, unfortunately.

Love the pattern, love the color! Can't wait to see the finished socks!