Saturday, February 09, 2008

Noodle making fun







About a week ago, we had a visitor from Malaysia who has been in the noodle making business for more than 60 odd years. DS was intrigued with the process - watched and helped when she had a noodle making session - that he bugged me to try. So we borrowed a pasta machine from my sis and it took us about 3 tries to get it right. Now we're thinking of getting a nice basic machine for ourselves. Hazard was watching the activity around the kitchen bench intently when he realised it was raining food! Yes - he cleaned up whatever dropped on the floor as we rolled it out.

5 comments:

vi said...

i have that same pasta machine, but i use it to make fimo sheets.

i used to make pasta, i stopped when we moved to this house because i couldn't get semolina up here

i probably should start again as i think i can get the flour now....and i can also powder my dried veggies and use them in there

vii

Anonymous said...

Dogs are the best garbage disposals...hee hee.

Hey, I have one of those pasta makers too. I didn't realize that's what you were talking about when you said you wanted one. I only use mine for large flat noodles like lasagna or fettucine.

Looks like you all had fun making them.

Anonymous said...

Argggggh....

Ummm, that last comment about dogs and garbage disposals was mine.

Trish

rho said...

heheh Trish you are funny :D

I want to get a pasta machine that goes on my Kitchen Aid mixer - I love homemade pasta and it really doesn't take that long to do...

zippiknits...sometimes said...

noodles are fun to make and a pasta machine is great for doing them. Thanks for sharing your noodle session. I like your vacuum cleaner. lol