Tuesday, November 20, 2007

An excellent read ..... Twilight

There's not much to post about these days. Just sneaking in my knitting when I can during the daily chores.
There's both DD and DS's end of year exams and activities to ferry them here and there too. I've been trying to get all our paperwork at home filed properly for easy reference and tax .....
and boy is that hard to do! Especially after a few years of neglect.
It's something that I need complete and undivided attention for a few days coz my memory is so bad....! I start piles according to categories I want filed then I forget that I've done one and start another!
On another note, I finished reading Pyramids by Terry Pratchett and started on Twilight by Stephenie Meyer upon DD's insistence.
To my surprise, I was totally engrossed in this YA romance-horror story.

A thoroughly enjoyable read that I could not put down coupled with a beautiful setting (Hoh Rain Forest, Forks, WA) and (I was advised by DS) progressive rock soundtrack by Muse and Linkin Park as recommended by the author, it's one of those books that leave you feeling sad that you've finished reading it.
I really like listening to Phoenix by the The Butterfly Effect while reading this. This song is so Edward!
I've yet to start the sequel, New Moon but am already re reading Twilight :)

2 comments:

rho said...

going to have to look into those books - I love recommendations from friends

Anonymous said...

My granddaughter asked me to read the first book...and she didn't have to ask me to read the other two. lol I, too, was surprised at how enjoyable the YA books were--and since I was born in WA and lived there off and on during my first 4 years, all the better.

I returned the favor by turning her on to Charles de Lint.