Sunday, October 28, 2007

Brea Bag is finished

I've been procrastinating over Brea. The actual knitting took only 4 days but I was dreading the seaming and sewing up the lining.
Pondered way too much about the insides of this bag. I wanted to give this bag a bit of form and structure rather than being a floppy potato sack. I bought some light red cotton drill material use for easy cleaning and durability. Modified it by crocheting more rows at the opening and used a zip instead of a crochet loop and button as the opening was too gaping for my liking. Used extra wooden rings from my curtain rods.
Our local haberdashery store did not have leather straps/material so until I investigate where I can get a proper strap, I'm using one of my old belts. This was an eyeopener for me. I haven't worn waist belts since the lowslung buttcrack showing fashion movement came in. Not that I wore these type of skirts and pants, you just couldn't buy waisted garments off the rack. So last nite, I took my old belts and tried them....OMG my waist has exploded! DH was laughing until I told him to try his old belts. :)

Here's BREA!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that turned out beautifully!

The inside is as nice as the outside.:-)

Miss Laura said...

I love the belt for a strap idea - I have done that with many bags. I have also found headbands - on clearance - they didn't work as headbands;) that work great for handles. I really like the wooden rings - your bag looks great!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

That is gorgeous. Congratulations on getting it finished and it's really so beautiful you must be very proud of it. And it's RED! Love it!