Wednesday, June 21, 2006

DD's scarf



Here's DD first ever scarf....
I must admit that it's going along quite nicely. She does occasionally gain or lose a stitch which can be easily fixed. Homespun is quite a forgiving yarn for her as a beginner. You can't see mistakes :) ! She keeps asking how many rows she knitted and how many more she needs. She's averaging 6 to 10 rows a day while watching TV at nite and is impatient to have it finished before school starts!

Here's a pic of some lovely yarn I bought from Celia earlier this year. Did swatches ages ago and was toying around with ideas for tops as I think they're too beautiful for socks! There are some scrawls and sketches in my notebook that I'm trying to make out now.... (what was I thinking???!!!). They're both fingering weight and I'm thinking of combining the 2 for a lacy exercise....
or should I do lacy socks??

2 comments:

shanwen said...

Isn't it satisfying to teach another person to knit! I love to see their work progress. By the way, those yarns are amazing, you could knit a lacy scarf/shawl. Perfect for winter.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Alarm associations fire Soul train awards magazine games advertising online Blood pressure kit ratings Online roulette blackjack treatment cancer Latinas fucking and galleries Kids toys coupons Pda bar code Laura learning week block cheyenne management online work Valium addicts porsche new