Saturday, June 17, 2006

Congratulations, Celia!

and make that a Triple!
Celia (www.celiaknits.blogspot.com) has 2 patterns in this issue of Yarn magazine!
You go girl! Not to mention lovely news about the pitter patter of little feet for her and hubby!

Awwwwww!


As for the knitting front, I'm trying to consolidate my patterns and start submitting some of them to magazines or like publications. Have never done this before! Finding it a bit daunting and am looking forward to any feedback that I hope to get. If things go to plan, I'll be cleaning up some of my old posts on patterns that may have some commercial possibility. I must thank Clara at the Knitters Review for her incredible timing on this. Her post and comms added some assurance that I needed at the time to get it all going.

Currently on the needles is a jumper for DD -
A straight stk stitch would have been an easy knit for this especially with the colour but I'm trying to see if cables might add to the overall texture and feel of the garment. It's had a bit of inevitable frogging (made a boo boo on the initial calcs!) but I think at least I've settled down on getting what I can visualise at this stage.
DD is at the age where the colour Pink won't do...nup not Purple either.... it's gotta be a certain shade of Red...and she finally settled on the blue!
She's also knitting her very first scarf in this yarn!

3 comments:

celia said...

Thanks!

:)

What yarn are you using for the blue jumper? It looks like a nice boucle.

maniacalmultitasker said...

Hi Celia,
am trying Lion Brand's Homespun for machine washability and wear as DD's hard wearing on her garments. If it works out well, I'll transpose the pattern to another yarn.
Have acted on your reply and 'cleaned' the blog up - Many thks for letting me know!
HL

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »