Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Fisherman's Grotto - Now and Then - Dinner and a lovely sunset

This is Fisherman's Grotto
About 10 years ago, you could go nearer to the first arch (although not advisable when the tide is coming in. Signs posted everywhere).
At the bottom edge of the photo, you can barely see the top of the low wall they've built to stop people from going down.


This second photo was taken 10 yrs ago on a cloudy day and with waves splashing into the Grotto.





This is a large part of what we had for dinner for 2 nites- lovely Crayfish! Flesh is firmer than the Boston lobster and more intimidating to get at with all those barbs.



And a lovely sunset to end the day....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've eaten crayfish all my life and especially growing up in Texas along the Trinity River but, I have never seen one that big before.

Looks delish and worth the effort.;-)

Trish

maniacalmultitasker said...

Come over here, Trish!
it's a foodie feast!

Anna said...

Love the sunset pics...

rho said...

even as sick as I am - and having lost 10 lbs in 5 days because I can't keep anything in at all - I have to say that looks yummy