Saturday, September 09, 2006

Possessed by a beading frenzy


DH said "You're going to wreck it"....

My new Marc Jacobs jeans had to be taken up and looking at it's custom frayed hem, I wasn't willing to cut and hem it. I didn't even have time to ponder. My alter ego consumed me and off I went.... with DH looking over my shoulder singing..."You are surely going to wreck your pair of designer jeeeeaaaannnsss"

So here it is...cuffed and beaded. I drew the pattern while watching TV and finished it with beads from my goodie box of BEADS over 3 nites. Yes no knitting! Utterly consumed by beading after knitting monogamously.
I quite like it and DH is still teasing me.
Now I can go back to knitting quietly.......

5 comments:

celia said...

Hey! Neat idea! Tell ur DH I don't think you destroyed it at all.. now they're YOUR designer jeans ;)

maniacalmultitasker said...

Thks, Celia!
You know what happens when your fingers get itchin', just can't stop!
Hope you and bubby are well! and DH too!

Sharon said...

What a great idea, I always have to shorten my jeans. They are truly originals now, well done.

CPAKnit said...

Your jeans turned out great! I hope you didn't say "I told you so!" to your doubting DH

Becka said...

I love them! Very good idea and they look fabulous!